|Columbus Day Weekend||October 8 – 11, 2021||
“It was an amazing weekend and I don’t think we could possibly have seen three better shows – they were spectacular and such a terrific variety. They were all beyond my wildest dreams and a memory for a lifetime. The welcome dinner was delicious, lots of very nice people. The walking tour was incredible and we all did well! Lunch at Sardi’s was also delicious and meeting the actors was so enjoyable. Also the chat back was beyond our expectations.
The car service was really great – both drivers were terrific. Please know I’m sending hugs to our hosts – thank you!!”
Joan K. – Columbus Day Weekend Guest
Name the greatest comeback stories of our time and this one just may be as good as any!
New York City and Broadway are poised for a huge revival later this year and we are inviting you come and immerse yourself in that experience.
We will laugh. We will hug. We will shout. We will cry.
Broadway is writing a heart-warming comeback story for the ages and Broadway Across America is looking forward to welcoming you back as our guests beginning this fall.
Broadway as an industry and our team at Broadway Across America Travel & Events have been hard at work behind the scenes to insure that every conceivable element of your theatre and travel experience has been taken into consideration to provide the safest, most enjoyable experience possible.
And if splendid autumn temperatures and the season’s changing colors sound about right to you, we invite you to come join us for Columbus Day weekend from October 8 – 11.
And while available show choices are in the process of coming into focus, our patrons can once again count on the familiar core elements of the BAA travel experience including airfare, roundtrip private town car/SUV transfers between airport and hotel, 3 nights hotel at a 4-diamond theatre district hotel, two groups meals and more.
Now in our 16th year, our reputation for personable customer service and attention to detail are going next level in 2021!
Here’s a sense of how your Broadway weekend will take shape:
Following a festive welcome dinner with your fellow Broadway Across America patrons, the weekend gets underway with your first show, Six, the riveting new London import and an early Best New Musical Tony front-runner, and its tantalizing take on the wives of Henry VIII. . Undoubtedly that first one back after more than a year and a half will be an emotional moment for cast, crew and audience alike.
The next morning our program continues with a theatre or walking tour experience from among choices we will provide. From there we segue into an engaging Q & A and exquisite lunch with a Broadway actor guest or two at Sardi’s, the famed Broadway district establishment.
Your Saturday afternoon or evening will feature a choice between the hit musical Hamilton and Tina: The Tina Turner Musical which, speaking of comeback stories, revels in a comeback story like no other. Tina tells the story of a woman who dared defy the bounds of racism, sexism and ageism to become the global Queen of Rock n’ Roll.
There is zero letdown for your final performance of the weekend which features the riveting, highly acclaimed performance by Jeff Daniels as Atticus Finch in the American classic, To Kill a Mockingbird.
Come early October, you just might find there’s no other place you would rather be than NYC. The weather can be expected to be at its finest with scenic fall foliage in Central Park and just the right temperatures both day and night. Meanwhile, the many details of your trip will be attended to by our dedicated staff.
And while the show choices for this weekend are in the process of being determined, the following are capsule looks at the top returning shows as well new shows beginning previews this fall:
From the creative team behind the Tony Award-winning In The Heights comes a wildly inventive new musical about the scrappy young immigrant who forever changed America: Alexander Hamilton.
Tony, Grammy, and Emmy Award winner Lin-Manuel Miranda wields his pen and takes the stage as the unlikely founding father determined to make his mark on a new nation as hungry and ambitious as he is.
From bastard orphan to Washington’s right hand man, rebel to war hero, loving husband caught in the country’s first sex scandal to Treasury head who made an untrusting world believe in the American economy, Hamilton is an exploration of a political mastermind.
The Olivier Award-nominated hit musical is headed to Broadway! Six centers on the six ex-wives of King Henry VIII, who headline an electrifying pop-concert spectacle—flipping the narrative on the one-sided story from our history books.
Divorced, beheaded, died, divorced, beheaded, survived.
From Tudor Queens to Pop Princesses, the SIX wives of Henry VIII take the mic to remix five hundred years of historical heartbreak into an exuberant celebration of 21st century girl power! This new original musical is the global sensation that everyone is losing their head over. The Evening Standard hails SIX as “the most uplifting new British musical I have ever had the privilege to watch.”
Tina – The Tina Turner Musical
Tina follows Tina Turner from her humble beginnings in Nutbush, Tennessee, to her transformation into the global queen of rock ‘n’ roll. Born Anna Mae Bullock in 1939, Turner rose to fame in the 1960s alongside her husband Ike. She later revealed in her autobiography that she had suffered domestic abuse at his hands—they separated in 1976 and divorced two years later. Turner later made a massive comeback in the 1980s. The Queen of Rock ‘n’ Roll has sold 180 million records worldwide and been honored with 11 Grammy Awards.
To Kill a Mockingbird
Featuring a riveting performance by Jeff Daniels as Atticus Finch, Harper Lee’s classic courtroom drama comes to thrilling life on stage.
Inspired by Lee’s own childhood in Alabama, To Kill a Mockingbird features of literature’s towering symbols of integrity and righteousness in the character of Atticus Finch, based on Lee’s own father. The character of Scout, based on Lee herself, has come to define youthful innocence – and its inevitable loss – for generation after generation of readers around the world.
“Brimming with humor, generous heart and gritty provocation, ‘To Kill a Mockingbird’ is as timely as it is timeless.”
-Review by Peter Travers of Rolling Stone
“ ‘To Kill a Mockingbird’ is of a high standard: Beautifully designed and lit, well-acted, and with just the right balance of pathos, humor and outrage.”
-Review by Elisabeth Vincentelli of Newsday
“Jeff Daniels soars as Atticus Finch.”
-Review by Peter Marks of The Washington Post
IMPORTANT NOTE: This offer is being brought to you by Custom Travel Insider. When clicking on the “BOOK NOW” link above, you will be directed to a third party site hosted by Custom Travel Insider and be booking through that entity. Broadway Across America cannot provide support for any sales or customer service issues that may arise. If you are experiencing difficulties, please contact (201) 857-3523 or Broadwayacrossamerica@ctiexperience.com
- Roundtrip coach class airfare to New York from most major cities within the continental U.S. Note: some smaller U.S. airports/cities and many in Canada can incur airfare supplements. Please inquire to see if this applies to your home airport.
- Roundtrip airport – hotel transfers via luxury town car or SUV
- Three (3) nights full-service accommodations amidst the luxurious 4-diamond comforts of the Muse Hotel by Kimpton in the heart of the theatre district.
- Friday, October 8: Invitations to an exquisite welcome dinner with your fellow guests featuring fine food and flowing cocktails
- Friday, October 8: Orchestra/front mezzanine seating to a Broadway musical Six at the Brooks Atkinson Theatre.
- Saturday, October 9: Invitations to an exquisite group lunch including fine food and beverages at Sardi’s, the famed fixture known for its caricatures of Broadway stars. Your lunch will feature a Q & A session with Broadway performers who will share stories and experiences as well as a meet-and-greet opportunity for photos and autographs – perhaps even a song or two!
- Saturday, October 9: Orchestra/front mezzanine seating to a show of your choice from among the following Broadway shows:
- Tina: The Tina Turner Musical at the Lunt-Fontanne Theatre
- Hamilton at the Richard Rodgers Theatre
- On Saturday morning, your choice of an exclusive Broadway history tutorial and behind-the-scenes theatre tour or a fascinating walking tour given by a seasoned New York City guide.
- Also on Saturday, invitations to an exquisite group lunch including fine food and beverages at Sardi’s, the famed fixture known for its caricatures of Broadway stars. Your lunch will feature a Q & A session with Broadway performers who will share stories and experiences as well as a meet-and-greet opportunity for photos and autographs – perhaps even a song or two!
- Sunday, October 10: Orchestra/front mezzanine seating to:
- To Kill a Mockingbird starring Jeff Daniels at the Shubert Theatre
- Your choice of an exclusive Broadway history tutorial and behind-the-scenes theatre tour or a fascinating walking tour given by a seasoned New York City guide.
- An exclusive opportunity for a scheduled post-show chat back with members of the cast from one of your shows.*
- Professional on-site program management by Broadway Across America staff
- Comprehensive guest itineraries sent via email.
* Post-show opportunities subject to availability of particular actors on this particular performance day. More details to follow as the weekend draws closer.
Broadway is Back! – Columbus Day Weekend
|Columbus Day Weekend||October 8 – 11, 2021||
Option A- Six, Tina: The Tina Turner Musical, To Kill a Mockingbird:
PRICE PER GUEST (double occupancy): $2468
BAA Package Price for TWO: $4936
PRICE PER GUEST (single occupancy): $3148
Option B-Six, Hamilton, To Kill a Mockingbird:
PRICE PER GUEST (double occupancy): $2668
BAA Package Price for TWO: $5336
PRICE PER GUEST (single occupancy): $3348
Please inquire about custom pricing from nearby cities such as Boston, Philadelphia and Baltimore
* An appropriate, comparable substitution may be made for certain program elements if group minimums are not met. Post-show opportunities subject to availability of particular actors on this particular performance day. More details to follow as the weekend draws closer.